Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Workspace - you do not have access to the requested metric

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to create a calculated metric based on a segment I have (it includes only internal traffic, based on an event we set by IP in processing rules).

The segment works if I apply it to a report with a visit metric. The dimension is a prop that's present on every event on the site:

1488682_pastedImage_0.png

And when I create a calculated metric based on this segment, I can see in the preview that I get the same number of visits:

1488689_pastedImage_1.png

But when I replace the normal visits metric in the report with this new calculated metric, I get nothing, and the message "You do not have access to the requested metric".

1488690_pastedImage_2.png

How come I don't have access to the metric when I'm the owner and I just created it myself?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have since found a solution for this. It was because the segment was based on a success event that had visibility set to "builders". When I switched it to "visible everywhere" the error disappeared. But I agree it looks like a bug, so I've submitted it to Customer Care.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

This is definitely looking like a bug. The steps are outlined really well here - if you can reference this thread when creating a ticket with Customer Care, along with your login company, username, and workspace name, that should be enough information for the agent to troubleshoot.

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have since found a solution for this. It was because the segment was based on a success event that had visibility set to "builders". When I switched it to "visible everywhere" the error disappeared. But I agree it looks like a bug, so I've submitted it to Customer Care.