i am a new Adobe Analytics customer and it is a big great tool, but i have a few questions, which i can not answer for our company
- i know the difference between a visitor and a visit, but if you build a Segment, you Can select between Visitor, visit and hit -> What do these three areas within a segment mean? what is taken into account in a "hit", for example, which is not taken into account in a "visitor" or "visit". and why, for example, the number of page views is changing, if i swich from hit to visit?
- Can I determine the order of the segments for the visualization myself? It is always ascending or descending, but how can I manually set an order?
- How can I adjust the axes in the diagrams? It is always automatically cut off, but if I want to define an area for the visualization myself, is this possible? For example, I have two values, 30% and 40%, but the axis should go to 100%
Thank you so much!
[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]
[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]
[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
1. Visitor level segment will return complete user data(1 or more visits) who meets segment condition.
Visit will return all hits from visit which meets the segment condition.
Hit will return just single server call.
Here is a document which details out the segment containers: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_overview.html
2. By order of segments, are you referring to hierarchy/precedence of segment containers?
Visitor is the higest level segment since it returns complete visitor data >> followed by visit >> then hit.
3. You can modify the x-axis with max number of items, not y-axis.
Hope this helps.
For Point 1:
To Understand segment container, go to pages report and try a segment like this Page equals "Page A"(Any page in your report).
When you put hit in the container it will only show data for Page A (ie it works based on pageview)
When you put visitors container it will show Page A plus all other pages viewed by the visitor(Who would have visited Page A)
Visit container is the same as above but works based on the visits(Session).
hey and thanks for your answer,
just for my understanding:
to question 1: i do not get the following aspect for the difference between visitor/visit/hit: if i am on visitor-level in a segment, Adobe Analytics shows me, for example, 100.000 visits for a segment. but if i change now from visitor-level to visits, the number of visits (now for example 60.000 visits) and page views are lower than on visitor-level, but why? Example see Screens below. i don't get, why the differences results by switching between visitor, visit and hit
to question 2: i give you an example - i have three segments (age:18-29, age: 30-39, age: 40+). if i make a visualization with the metriq PageViews, Adobe Analytics shows me the visualization in an ascending or descending order. but how can i manually set an order? Maybe to show age:18-29 on first position, age: 30-39 on second, age: 40+ on third and not being sorted descending or ascending by pageviews. hope you understand, what i mean;)