Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visits by Mobile Device Type greater than All visits

Level 2

Hi,

I've got a dashboard that consists of a single panel (i.e. all visualisations use the same report suite, date range, etc.).

There's a summary number, that is fed by a simple table that has "All visits" as a single row item and "Visits" as a column metric.

I also have a donut chart, which is fed by a table that has Mobile Device Type as a dimension (rows) and Visits as a column metric. 

I would expect that the total number of visits should be consistent between these two visualisations (since device types categories are mutually exclusive) but it's not the case (Mobile Device Type visits are greater).

Do you know why that could be?

Cheers, M

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The device type categories may not be mutually exclusive in your scenario if the implementation supports cross-device visitor identification or if bots traffic exists (various user agents on different hits within a visit).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The device type categories may not be mutually exclusive in your scenario if the implementation supports cross-device visitor identification or if bots traffic exists (various user agents on different hits within a visit).

Level 2

Thanks a lot @Andrey_Osadchuk! The first scenario doesn't apply to us but we do suffer from bot traffic so that makes sense. Cheers, M