Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Visit data doesnt match when added

Level 6

I created a report in AA workspace where I added "Visits" as metric and Customer ID (tried evar & prop) as dimension. The workspace shows total visits as 56,000 but when I extracted that table as csv and added visits it shows 80,000 as total. 

When I tried the same report with dimension as Hours, the AA workspace showed total visits as 56,000 but When I extracted the table in csv and added the visits it shows 69,000 as total visit. 

Date range is just one day (Apr 1, 2022)

What's the logic here? Am I interpreting the calculation wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @aagk123 This happens because the total you see below Visit metric is deduplicated count of a visit.

Here is an example that should give you some clarity:

Visit #1  Visit #2

Page Visit Page Visit
A1 A1
B1 X1
C1   

AA Workspace: Since in reality there was only two visit where the visitor navigated through these pages, Workspace deduplicates the count of visits. So, summing visit for each page to determine total visit would not make any sense.

PageVisit
 2 (dedup)
A2
B1
C1
X1

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @aagk123 This happens because the total you see below Visit metric is deduplicated count of a visit.

Here is an example that should give you some clarity:

Visit #1  Visit #2

Page Visit Page Visit
A1 A1
B1 X1
C1   

AA Workspace: Since in reality there was only two visit where the visitor navigated through these pages, Workspace deduplicates the count of visits. So, summing visit for each page to determine total visit would not make any sense.

PageVisit
 2 (dedup)
A2
B1
C1
X1

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to understand the same concept in Analysis Workspace but my scenario is Dimension = Hour of Day and Metric = Unique Visitors and Visits. When I export the table and sum the visits by hour it is much higher than Total Unique visits or Total Visits. This explanation doesn't help me understand why. Can you elaborate any further please?

Thanks