Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Upload SAINT File created with Excel for Mac OS

Level 2

Is there a trick to be able to upload a SAINT file that I created using Excel for Mac OS?  I have recently moved from PC to Mac.  I downloaded a template, added my classification, saved it as a tab delimited text file (as I always do).  However, when I used the file import feature, I kept getting the message.  Below.  However, when I sent the file to a friend who uses Parallels, he had to open the file in parallels and save it before he was able to upload it.  This is why I think it has something to do with the way the file was formatted in Excel for Mac OS.  Does anyone know how to work with this?

• Failure: There was no valid data to process            
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Shelley,

Mac Classification (formerly SAINT) upload files require special handling - please see below Help info:

Incorrect encoding on Apple computers: If using Mac OS, save the file as Windows Formatted Text instead of Text Tab-delimited. Mac computers process text files differently than Windows, which causes SAINT to throw an error.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/common-saint-upload-issues.html

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Shelley,

Mac Classification (formerly SAINT) upload files require special handling - please see below Help info:

Incorrect encoding on Apple computers: If using Mac OS, save the file as Windows Formatted Text instead of Text Tab-delimited. Mac computers process text files differently than Windows, which causes SAINT to throw an error.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/common-saint-upload-issues.html

Best,

Brian

Level 2

Exactly what I needed.  Thanks, Brian.