Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Unable to fetch data when implementing DTM

Level 1

Hi, looking for some much-needed help   I'm working for a web development company trying to implement Adobe Analytics for a mental health therapy website using dynamic tag management (DTM).  I hosted the javascript libraries on FTP, and installed the header code at the start of the <head> tag, and footer code at the start of the <body> tag. I enabled Identity service as well. I then installed the Analytics tool.

Now, when the site is loaded, if a user is from India he/she is taken to /in page ,and if a user is from Canada he/she is taken to /ca page from the backend. But after implementing, no data is being fetched i.e. the visits/hits are not being counted by the suite. are redirects causing this issue? Am I implementing the code right? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Firstly, are you really still using DTM? DTM is Adobe's older tag management system and is scheduled to sunset this year. So if you're still using that, you should get your client to strongly consider migrating to Adobe's current tag management system, Launch (or more correctly, Adobe Experience Platform Launch).

Since DTM (and Launch) run in JavaScript, they can really only run in web pages. So as long as your redirects are redirecting people to actual web pages that have the required JavaScript codes, then it should still run properly.

I visited your website, but could not find any <script> line referencing DTM or Launch. Normally, there would be a line where the "src" parameter set to "//assets.adobedtm.com/....". But I don't see that at your website. (I'm not in any of those countries that you mentioned, so my browser remained at https://www.unitedwecare.com.) I could find references to Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics, though. A quick fix could be to implement Adobe's scripts in the same way that you have implemented Google's, since the latter works correctly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Firstly, are you really still using DTM? DTM is Adobe's older tag management system and is scheduled to sunset this year. So if you're still using that, you should get your client to strongly consider migrating to Adobe's current tag management system, Launch (or more correctly, Adobe Experience Platform Launch).

Since DTM (and Launch) run in JavaScript, they can really only run in web pages. So as long as your redirects are redirecting people to actual web pages that have the required JavaScript codes, then it should still run properly.

I visited your website, but could not find any <script> line referencing DTM or Launch. Normally, there would be a line where the "src" parameter set to "//assets.adobedtm.com/....". But I don't see that at your website. (I'm not in any of those countries that you mentioned, so my browser remained at https://www.unitedwecare.com.) I could find references to Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics, though. A quick fix could be to implement Adobe's scripts in the same way that you have implemented Google's, since the latter works correctly.

Employee Advisor

@bckreativinc  I suppose data is not getting fetched as you've added footer code at the start of the <body> tag so as soon as the page is loaded, empty beacon is sent. You need to move the footer code before closing <body> tag.