Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Tracking code classification unreliable (?) in Workspace reports

Level 1

Hello,

We used the Classification Rules Builder to classify Tracking Codes, into multiple dimensions, in my example, I'll only mention "Sub-Channel" but the issue is also present with other classified dimension:

1747401_pastedImage_0.png

However, in order to see if it works correctly, we use Workspace, and we see lots of "unspecified" where the classification rule should have applied.

For instance, this tracking code should have been classified as Sub-Channel = google:

1747407_pastedImage_2.png

Actually, when running a test in the classification rule builder, the Sub-Channel is correctly assigned to "google":

1747409_pastedImage_4.png

In order to investigate a bit more, I'm creating a new Freeform Table, but starting with Sub-Channel broken down by Tracking code, and now it works, as it founds the tracking code under Sub-Channel = google.

1747411_pastedImage_5.png

What is even more mysterious, is that when I save the report and I reload it, the Tracking code goes back under "Unspecified"!!!!

1747413_pastedImage_6.png

My questions are:

1. Is "Workspace" reports unreliable, or is the "Classification Rule Builder" unreliable, or both?
  2. Or am I missing something here?

Thank you all and have a great week!

0 Replies