Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

tracking code broken down by referrers

Level 2

Hi there, 

I am looking to see if there is any way to break down a Tracking Code report by referrers in Adobe Analytics. I am able to do this in the Ad Hoc Reporting tool but not able to do so in the Adobe Analytics interface. 

What I am trying to get to is we have tracking codes that we place on banner ads on 3rd party sites and we want to see which external web site pages are referring the traffic. I would like this feature in Adobe Analytics so that our less proficient users can access this report and make updates to their own reports as well (the Ad Hoc tool would be too advanced for them).

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

You could apply a tracking code segment filter and then run it against the referrer report in R&A. Note this would apply to all visits for which the visitor was bound to that tracking code.

Also are you familiar with the new Analysis Workspace feature in R&A which allows for Ad-Hoc Analysis level features?

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/faster-insights-with-the-analysis-workspace/

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

You could apply a tracking code segment filter and then run it against the referrer report in R&A. Note this would apply to all visits for which the visitor was bound to that tracking code.

Also are you familiar with the new Analysis Workspace feature in R&A which allows for Ad-Hoc Analysis level features?

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/faster-insights-with-the-analysis-workspace/

Best,

Brian

Level 1

Hi

I also agree with Brian that you could apply a tracking code segment filter and then run it against the referrer report in R&A. I have also implemented the same on outsource seo services

Thanks
Nadia

Level 2

Brian, 

Thank you so much for the response! I did not know about the Analysis Workspace (I didn't get to go to the Summit this year). It says that I should have access to this report since I am an admin for Adobe Analytics but I am not seeing it as an option underneath my R&A link in the left nav. Any thoughts on how I can get it?

Thanks!

Maritsa 

Level 6

it's in the main analytics menu (see attached)

I think you have to have Analytics Standard or Premium to see it.

Level 2

Hi Warren,

I have standard Analytics and I am also an admin and I do not see it in my menu like your image shows. Thanks!

Maritsa

Level 10

Hi Maritsa,

Analysis Workspace feature is available only to administrators of Adobe Analytics Premium or the complete Adobe Analytics solution.

Thanks!

TM

Level 6

actually it got opened to everyone in the June update. There is a check box you need to check if you don't have all report access. but admins should have access and it should still be on the left nav

go to the freeform forum http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/analytics-forum/freeform-analysis.topic.html/for...

which is a discussion where I was talking about adobe giving access to all my users. but besides that if you post in the free form forum you will get a very fast response from Ben Gaines who is the be all know all of everything.

Level 2

Hi TM,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the "complete Adobe Analytics solution"? I have Adobe Analytics Standard and Ad Hoc Analysis Tool, (and Adobe Social). Is that not a complete Analytics solution? Just curious what makes the complete solution. Thanks!

Maritsa

Level 10

Hi Maritsa,

The complete Adobe Analytics Solution would include Reports & Analytics, Ad-Hoc Analysis, Contribution Analysis, Data Workbench, Data Warehouse, Report Builder and Developer tools. I hope I am not missing out anything. :) 

Hope this answers your query.

TM

Level 10

You are right Warren, my bad! 

Analysis Workspace is now available to all admin accounts in Adobe Analytics Standard or Adobe Analytics Premium. 

Thanks for the correction. 

TM