Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Tracking Code breakdown Entry Page

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 2
zsolt_a1
Level 2

Likes

8 likes

Total Posts

20 posts

Correct Reply

1 solution
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 1
Applaud 5
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 2
zsolt_a1
Level 2

Likes

8 likes

Total Posts

20 posts

Correct Reply

1 solution
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 1
Applaud 5
View profile
zsolt_a1
Level 2

07-11-2019

Hello,

I would like to know how it is possible that when I break down a specific Tracking Code for "Entry Page Original" that there are pages the visitors enter that we never promoted in a social ad.

2019-11-07 09_51_12 - Analysis Workspace.png

Mostly 90% is the page we promoted but the other 10% are sites that we never promoted in the ad. How is it possible that those Pages are listed?

The goal is to break down the Trackingcodes, what the first Page visit from the visitor was.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

View Entire Topic

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
ankits28281247
Employee

Likes

21 likes

Total Posts

80 posts

Correct Reply

24 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
ankits28281247
Employee

Likes

21 likes

Total Posts

80 posts

Correct Reply

24 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile
ankits28281247
Employee

07-11-2019

Entry page original tied to the visitor profile from the first touch point of the user on your website, so it can be the case where in A visitor came to your website from page A (no tracking code) later on the same person came from tracking code (SOC:XXX) when you breakdown the tracking code with original entry page the page on which user landed for the first time will show up there.

Hope that helps.

Here is a great discussion and explanation about how original entry page is captured : What is the difference between Entry Pages & Original Entry Pages?