Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Sum of Visits

Level 2

I want to show total visits of several categories in my site with Report Builder in excel.

and they are distinguished with prop.

I can see total visits without overlapped values in site catalyst in web service.

But I can't see right values by Report Builder because it doesn't provide total visits of particular props.

Can I draw a right data without using segmentation?

I don't think I can use segmentation because there are many sites that I should see in and I pick the particular props with filtering rule.

Please find me a solution.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I've done a bit of testing in the report builder Excel add-in, and have found that under step 2 of the request wizard, clicking 'modify' next to a metric allows you to obtain a subtotal of it. This is exactly the same as summing all the line items in the request together. This would work fantastic for page views or other metrics that aren't persistent. 

If you're looking for deduplicated total visits of anyone who touched a specific prop or eVar, the best method here is going to be segmentation. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I've done a bit of testing in the report builder Excel add-in, and have found that under step 2 of the request wizard, clicking 'modify' next to a metric allows you to obtain a subtotal of it. This is exactly the same as summing all the line items in the request together. This would work fantastic for page views or other metrics that aren't persistent. 

If you're looking for deduplicated total visits of anyone who touched a specific prop or eVar, the best method here is going to be segmentation. 

Level 1

Did you ever get an answer that relates to Report Builder (rather than Excel Client)? The problem persists for me in Report Builder. In Site Catalyst, a report with the visits metric shows a de-duplicated total. This shows total visits to the group of pages on the report as opposed to the total of the line items. Report Builder, however, offers no such option that I can find.