Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segment Creation

Level 3

Hi,

I have following few metrics that I need to create since Adobe Analytics don't have them, but I'm unsure about what would be the correct components to be used. Did some research but couldn't find much (Since these are metrics easily available on GA). Would need some guidance.

# New User: People who visit the website for the first time within a specific time frame

# Active Users: Users who access the website at least once in the last 12 months

# Low Users: Users who access the website 1-5 times in the last 12 months

# Engaged Users:  Users who access the website only 6-10 times in the last 12 months

# Advanced Users: Users who access the website more then 10 times a year in the last 12 months

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

# New User: People who visit the website for the first time within a specific time frame

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped

Visit Number equals 1

then run your report over the required date range.

# Active Users: Users who access the website at least once in the last 12 months

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped:

Visit exists

then run your report over a 12-month date range.

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped:

Visits is less than or equal to 5

# Engaged Users:  Users who access the website only 6-10 times in the last 12 months

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped:

Visits is greater than or equal to 6

AND

Visits is less than or equal to 10

# Advanced Users: Users who access the website more then 10 times a year in the last 12 months

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped:

Visits is greater than or equal to 10

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

So Adobe Analytics has 2 types of reports depending on your setup may cover these:

New vs Returning visitors.

Return frequency. (has a bunch of tiers under it)

Both of these can then be correlated by Unique visitor to get as close a possible to the various user tiers you are after create a segment for example...

GLTU

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped

Visit Number equals 1

then run your report over the required date range.

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped:

Visit exists

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped:

Visits is less than or equal to 5

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped:

Visits is greater than or equal to 6

AND

Visits is less than or equal to 10

A segment might help:

Visitor-scoped:

Visits is greater than or equal to 10

Level 3

Thank you @yuhuisg for explaining in detail.

Hope I'm doing correct in the workspace?

jan_120_0-1655704908975.png

or this?

jan_120_1-1655705329220.png

Community Advisor

Depending on what you're intending to report, all 3 screenshots could be correct. 

Though for the 3rd one, I would use Visits or Unique Visitors as the metric, instead of Occurrences.

Level 3

I also need to find Average Session Duration (Average amount of time users spent on the website within a single session ). I don't see a session duration metric in AA so how do we create this metric?

also need this metric, Avg. Page Load Time (sec)( The average time (in seconds) pages take to load, from initiation of the pageview (e.g. a click on a page link) to load completion in the browser). We have captured Page Load Time in eVar using the Adobe plugin but how do we calculate Avg. Page Load time?

Community Advisor

> I also need to find Average Session Duration (Average amount of time users spent on the website within a single session ). I don't see a session duration metric in AA so how do we create this metric?

Use the "Average Time on Site" metric. This metric is named with "on Site" unfortunately, because it really reports the average time for the given dimension specified in your freeform table. See https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/metrics/average-time-on-site.html?lang=...

also need this metric, Avg. Page Load Time (sec)( The average time (in seconds) pages take to load, from initiation of the pageview (e.g. a click on a page link) to load completion in the browser). We have captured Page Load Time in eVar using the Adobe plugin but how do we calculate Avg. Page Load time?

If you're capturing this in an eVar, then you can't perform any calculations with it, because to AA, eVars are basically string values, i.e. plain text. You need to capture this Page Load Time in a Success Event of "Numeric" type. Only then can you create a calculated metric with it to get other aggregates, e.g. average page load time.

Level 3

okay, found this blog on Avg. Page Load Time How to Get Average Page Load Time as a Calculated Metric (nabler.com) what about using this method for Average Page Load Time?

Community Advisor

Yes, that can work too, if you're content with working with buckets of load times.