Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

s_code.js not passing eVar variable for single evar value

Level 1

Hello,

New to Site Catalyst, Im inheriting tracking code set up by previous developers and trying to fix some issues.

on our Checkout Confirmation page, we have the following code set to retrieve and send variables

s.pageName = "Checkout:Order Confirmation"; s.pageType = ""; s.channel = "Checkout:Confirmation"; s.prop1 = "Checkout:Shopping Cart"; s.prop2 = "Checkout:Confirmation"; s.prop3 = ""; s.prop4 = ""; s.prop5 = ""; /* Conversion Variables */ s.state = "@Model.PrimaryContractShippingState"; s.zip = "@Model.PrimaryContractShippingZip"; s.events = "purchase"; s.products = "@Model.ProductStringForTracking"; s.purchaseID = "@Model.UserId"; s.eVar1 = ""; s.eVar2 = ""; s.eVar3 = ""; s.eVar4 = ""; s.eVar5 = ""; s.evar6 = ""; s.evar7 = ""; s.evar10 = "Approved"; s.eVar12 = "@Model.PriorityCode"; s.evar17 = "@Model.Id"; s.eVar21 = "@Model.JoinCode";

when i inspect the code, I am seeing values for all variables.  However, when I check Chrome Developer's Headers being sent, I am not seeing that eVar17 is being sent -- here is what i am seeing in DigitalPulse Debugger (some values removed but showing all evars).

In our Order Number report, which has evar17's value as the Metric, we get zero for the number of Order Ids, but we are getting the total number of orders

Order Number           
Orders

1.None 99100.0%

clicking the Help bubble next to None gives me:

The variable did not have a value at the time the event was recorded.

ive verified that the evar17 in question is set up in our container, and that it's status is active.

ive read that the linkTrackVars set to "" will send all variables, but did a test on that and still didnt see evar17 being sent in developer tools network inspector or in the Digipulse Debugger

1. javascriptVersion:
  2. javaEnabled:
    Y
  3. cookiesEnabled:
    Y
  4. trackDownloadLinks:
    true
  5. trackExternalLinks:
    true
  6. trackInlineStats:
    true
  7. linkLeaveQueryString:
    false
  8. linkDownloadFileTypes:
    exe,zip,wav,mp3,mov,mpg,avi,wmv,pdf,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx
  9. linkInternalFilters:
    javascript:,credomobile.com/
  10. linkTrackVars:
    prop3,prop4,prop5,prop6,prop8,eVar2,events,eVar29
  11. linkTrackEvents:
    event3
  12. prop1:
    Checkout:Shopping Cart
  13. prop2:
    Checkout:Confirmation
  14. eVar3:
    Repeat
  15. prop7:
    Non CMP - Checkout:Order Confirmation
  16. prop9:
    Repeat
  17. prop11:
    Checkout:Order Confirmation
  18. prop12:
    10:00AM
  19. prop13:
    Friday
  20. eVar13:
    10:00AM
  21. prop14:
    Weekday
  22. eVar14:
    Friday
  23. prop15:
  24. eVar15:
    Weekday
  25. prop17:
    14 minutes
  26. eVar18:
    Checkout:Order Confirmation
  27. prop20:
  28. prop21:
    Checkout:Order Summary
  29. eVar21:

any help appreciated

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Variable names in JavaScript are case sensitive, replace 's.evar' with 's.eVar' for each of these variable (and any others I missed):

s.evar6 = "";
s.evar7 = "";
s.evar10 = "Approved";
s.evar17 = "@Model.Id";

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Variable names in JavaScript are case sensitive, replace 's.evar' with 's.eVar' for each of these variable (and any others I missed):

s.evar6 = "";
s.evar7 = "";
s.evar10 = "Approved";
s.evar17 = "@Model.Id";