Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report suite configuration for QA and UAT environments in multi-region site scenarios

Level 2

Hi Fellow community members

For the QA and UAT validation approach for a new implementation of a multi-region/locale corporate site scenario, we are exploring two option for testing

1st option - Have a global report suite for QA/UAT environment where data from all regions(close to 25) flows into this single global report suite to check the correctness and consistency of data. When going live to production, we split out individual countries into individual report suites (regular or virtual) and have one global report suite 

2nd option - We have an exact replica of production env architecture in QA/UAT environments also i.e. one global QA/UAT report suite and individual QA/UAT report suites for all regions (close to 25)

Can you please suggest what is the most efficient out of the two approaches above and what is the general practice followed in testing out such corporate web analytics implementations ?

Any inputs would be helpful

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Peeush,

If your localized report suites are going to have identical menu structures, I would recommend using virtual report suites. This means you would only need to send server calls to your global report suite without any secondary server calls. You would only need live + QA/UAT report suites - everything else could be a virtual report suite.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Peeush,

If your localized report suites are going to have identical menu structures, I would recommend using virtual report suites. This means you would only need to send server calls to your global report suite without any secondary server calls. You would only need live + QA/UAT report suites - everything else could be a virtual report suite.