Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report Sharing between various report suite users

Level 2

We have different users setup to have access to their own virtual report suite data:  I have access to virtual report suite 1 and another person has access to virtual report suite 2.  I want to share my report with person 2 because it's for the same dimension and metrics.  Can I share my report (and how) so that the other person can run it with suite2 data without giving that other person access to my data?  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Angela,

You can share the project with the person just by using the normal share option in Workspace.

On accessing the project, the person should receive the below message and when the person changes the report suite, the person can see the project built in report suite 1 in report suite 2 ensuring the dimensions and metrics available in report suite 1 are also available in report suite 2.

PratheepArunRaj_1-1621444252104.png

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Angela,

You can share the project with the person just by using the normal share option in Workspace.

On accessing the project, the person should receive the below message and when the person changes the report suite, the person can see the project built in report suite 1 in report suite 2 ensuring the dimensions and metrics available in report suite 1 are also available in report suite 2.

PratheepArunRaj_1-1621444252104.png

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

Level 2
Thanks a lot! That works! as a follow up question - what happens when the person 1 change the report after person 2 had selected his own report suite? Will person 2 see the change?

Community Advisor
Hello Angela, If the person saved the project with his own report suite, other person will receive the above message! Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B.