Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

relationship between bounce and custom link

Level 2

Hi all,

I would like to know about what Bounce is and understand what happen to my data.

According to Adobe Analytics documents, Bounce is the number of visits that contained exactly one hit.

It means if when Visitors visits a website page (e.g. Home page), Two server calls, one is page views call and the other is Custom link, are fired, it should not be a bounce.

However my website is exactly same with this, but Bounce rate shows almost 50%.

To make sure, I tested it and document is right. (when paged loaded, 2 server calls are fired, analytics not caught it as a bounce)

result of my test) Page Load test event = when page is loaded

JungTaejun_1-1650512580003.png

Is there any way to ignore Custom link call not counted as bounce?

maybe because of variables?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @JungTaejun,

By design, you cannot influence the default Bounces metric. If there are two or more hits (any combination of page view and custom link call) associated with any visit, that visit won't qualify as a Bounce.

In this case, you are left with options like Single Page Visit (metric) or creating a custom Calculated metric as per your use case. 

Regarding, Bounce rate, kindly check what formula is being used in your case. default Bounce rate metric is calculated by the formula-[ Bounces divided by Entries ]

Hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @JungTaejun,

By design, you cannot influence the default Bounces metric. If there are two or more hits (any combination of page view and custom link call) associated with any visit, that visit won't qualify as a Bounce.

In this case, you are left with options like Single Page Visit (metric) or creating a custom Calculated metric as per your use case. 

Regarding, Bounce rate, kindly check what formula is being used in your case. default Bounce rate metric is calculated by the formula-[ Bounces divided by Entries ]

Hope this is helpful.

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

One addition: The Single Page Visits metric is hardwired to the predefined Page dimension. If you want something that works for any dimension, including custom Page Name dimensions, you should take a look at the Single Access metric.