Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Referrer showing Typed/Bookmarked traffic when the segment specifically disallows it.

Level 2

In workspace, I have a freeform table showing the referrers for all visits in a given time period. The report is segmented using a segment with the rule, "Does Not Equal Typed/Bookmarked". In spite of this segment, it's showing Typed/Bookmarked traffic.

The only way I can think of for this to be possible is if a single visit has multiple referrers, but I would think that would be an edge case -- certainly not the most popular referrer (by a huge margin).

A screenshot shows the current month, but this is true for every month I check.

How.png

EDIT: We use iframes for some of our modals, and I'm seeing a significant correlation between people hitting these modals and this anomalous Typed/Bookmarked traffic. These modals are being tracked as separate pageviews.

This seems like it could be a likely cause; however, the tag inside the iframe is reporting a referrer (my root domain). Is it possible I'm missing something on these iframes?

0 Replies