I work on a large eCommerce platform, we have recently installed a new feature on the site that provides recommended products to a user e.g. "Customers who viewed these products ultimately bought"
I want to both track cart ads from this feature and impressions of the feature to determine my add to basket rate. There are multiple different recommendations strategies
- "Customers who viewed these products ultimately bought"
- "Customers who searched for this also viewed"
Right now i have eVar31 set up to fire the strategy name (Customers who viewed these products ultimately bought) on the product string as a products syntax variable. This is working fine
Currently for the impression of the feature loading on the page I have eVar31 also set up as a conversion variable again firing the strategy name and then an event to denote the impression. However this is not working. I think this is because I have it set up as a conversion variable, where the report is only accepting a product syntax variable, hence why cart ads is working and not the impressions
So I'm thinking my options are
1. Set up eVar31 as a conversion variable and pass the strategy name on the cart add as a conversion variable. But I'm not sure this is the right approach since i do want to relate eVar31 to my product data
2. Set up the impression to fire as a product syntax variable also and fire a dummy product string with no data, this again doesn't seem right
3. Fire the impression data into some other eVar e.g. eVar32