Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Possible to Sort / Filter table?

Level 8
Level 8

Hi there,

We created a table as following example, sorts Product Name by Order in the last day.

Just wanted to ask:

Is there a way to create (or filter) a table with number of Order greater than X that have Purchase% lower than Y (of the latest day)?

E.g. a table shows all Product Name those Order more than 20 AND Purchase% lower than 40% in 17-OCT (last day, latest day). - Keep all the past 7 days data.

H_L_0-1666150092148.png

Thanks in advance.

H

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have permission to use ReportBuilder (and are using a Windows computer with Excel), then you can build and schedule your reports in Excel using ReportBuilder to get the data for you. Then you don't need to go down the DB/BI tool path.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

It's not easily done in Analysis Workspace. Unfortunately, in there, tables can only be filtered by dimensional values.

Segments won't work in your case because segments are applied on the individual hits of data. In your case, though, you want a total number of Orders or an aggregate percentage of Purchase% over a range of hits.

Your best bet is to build this in Excel.

Level 8
Level 8

Thanks for reply, then we need to find a way to build the dynamic table, since the ideal table is: scheduled and delivered on daily basis, which means, everyday, build a table (report) with the last 7 day's data, sort by Order and include those Order > 20 and/or Purchase% < 40% in the last date.

Maybe we need to schedule the raw data, and ask DBA's support to proceed in another BI tool.

Have a good day.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have permission to use ReportBuilder (and are using a Windows computer with Excel), then you can build and schedule your reports in Excel using ReportBuilder to get the data for you. Then you don't need to go down the DB/BI tool path.

Level 8
Level 8

Hi yuhuisg,

yes I am using report builder and scheduling the report, I am still thinking how to make it...could you provide some threads or ideas about the "filter" function can be refreshed on daily basis?

Community Advisor

I was thinking of Excel's own Filter function.