Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Paid Social isn't getting any attribution

Level 1

My Paid Social marketing channel isn't getting any attribution anywhere irrespective of first/last touch. I have limited access so I need to understand the right questions to ask my developer. 

1) Is the marketing channel configuration done properly for paid social?

2) Given that the priority is very low, is it possible that one of the other channels is stealing credit for Paid Social?MicrosoftTeams-image (13).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (14).png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @AshutoshKatoch ,

Looking at the Marketing Channel Rule for 'Paid Social', it seems okay.

Unless we see the individual rules above the same, it is not possible for us to come to a conclusion, however, just by looking at the names, I don't see anything fishy there.

To test the rule, just load any URL with the query string parameter 'utm_medium=paidsocial' and see whether you are able to see the instances in Marketing Channel reporting. If yes, your marketing channel rules are fine.

Else, something at the top is taking the credit for whatsoever reason that has to be identified.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Community Advisor

There are a few things you can ask your developer to check to see why your paid social marketing channel isn't getting any attribution:

1. Is the marketing channel configuration done properly for paid social?

Your developer should check to make sure that the marketing channel configuration for paid social is correct. This includes checking the following:

• The name of the marketing channel
  • The attribution model
  • The priority of the marketing channel
  1. Given that the priority is very low, is it possible that one of the other channels is stealing credit for Paid Social?

If the priority of the paid social marketing channel is very low, it's possible that one of the other channels is stealing credit for paid social conversions. Your developer can check to see if any other channels have a higher priority and if they are sending conversions to the paid social marketing channel.

Here are some additional questions you can ask your developer:

• Is the paid social tracking code installed correctly?
  • Is the paid social tracking code firing correctly?
  • Are there any errors in the paid social tracking code?
  • Are there any other factors that could be affecting the attribution of paid social conversions?

Once you have a better understanding of the issue, you can work with your developer to resolve it.

Community Advisor

Adding on to @PratheepArunRaj and @Hemang35's replies:

Verify that your "Paid Social" Marketing Channel's "Override Last-Touch Channel" checkbox is selected. Normally, it should be selected already, particularly if your Marketing Channels had been setup with AA's first-time setup. But it doesn't hurt to double-check that.