Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

None in eVar

Level 3

Hello,

I know that this topic is discussed in the community many times, but the difference is that I am not using any custom success event with eVar. But I am producing a report with just Unique Visitor as a metric.

I set this eVar on every page, but I still get “None” row in the report against Unique Visitor. (about < 5%)

Also, if I add instances in the metric along with Unique Visitor, I get "0" for instances against "None". This proves that I am setting this eVar every time.

What could be the reason?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sameer,

Instances not having "None" doesn't prove that you are setting it on every page. Instances only shows the count of how many times it was set. In short, Instances will never have "None".

If you want to check the pages where the evar was not set, you can do so through the Data Warehouse reports. You will need to get the evar report broken down by page URL. You can also use segment to achieve this.

if you would like to find the exact content of the hits where the evar value was not set or persisting, you can do this through the Data Feeds under Admin.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sameer,

Instances not having "None" doesn't prove that you are setting it on every page. Instances only shows the count of how many times it was set. In short, Instances will never have "None".

If you want to check the pages where the evar was not set, you can do so through the Data Warehouse reports. You will need to get the evar report broken down by page URL. You can also use segment to achieve this.

if you would like to find the exact content of the hits where the evar value was not set or persisting, you can do this through the Data Feeds under Admin.

Hope this helps.

Level 3

Thanks for the reply (particularly about the instance metric confusion that I had).

Let me try to debug further. I will revert if have any questions.

Regards

Level 3

Hi

I wanted to reply you, but thought I would check it one more time before replying.

It is just couple of pages site. User has to login. (Login Page is NOT tracked as it is part of Single Sign On Domain)

When I run Data Warehouse report I see that when eVar does not have value, the URL is also empty. So it does not tell me anything.

I will check if Data Feed report can help me.

Regards

Employee Advisor

If you are requesting the data feed, pull the following columns:

date_time

evarX

post_evarX

page_url

page_event

visit_num

visit_page_num

post_visid_high

post_visid_low

Then do the following:

1. Sort by date_time.
  2. Check for hits where post_evarX is empty.
  3. The combination of post_visid_high and post_visid_low will show you the unique visitor
  4. The visit_num will show the unique visitor's number
  5. The visit_page_num will give the visit's hit order

note: X in evarX denotes the evar's number

Level 3

Thanks.

I will be asking for the Feed today. I will get back to you on what I found.

Regards