Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

my data file is not named hit_data.tsv

Level 1

Hi,

Small thing, but the documentation references the data file as being called hit_data.tsv. However, this is not what I am getting when I generate a feed to a AWS S3 bucket: I am getting my data file, compressed, named 01-<report-suite-id>_<YYYYMMDD>-000000.tsv.gz. When I extract it, it contains a single file, named 01-<report-suite-id>_<YYYYMMDD>-000000.tsv, containing the server calls.

So not necessarily a problem, but I just want to make sure our feed is working properly. We need the file name to be predictable, as we then have code that searches for files in that bucket.

The feed is hourly, no delay, packaging type: multiple files, manifest: manifest file, type: S3.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm pretty sure this is due to a combination of getting an hourly feed, and the multiple files packaging type. It sounds like it's working correctly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm pretty sure this is due to a combination of getting an hourly feed, and the multiple files packaging type. It sounds like it's working correctly.

Employee Advisor

Like Gigazelle​ said, this is correct.

You can check the formats here: Data Feed Contents

Refer to the table in Delivery Contents

Level 1

Thanks for your answers.

However, in the documentation here, the table in Delivery Contents for Hourly, multiple file says:

"When extracted, each data file contains a single hit_data.tsv that contains approximately 2 GB of uncompressed data. The compressed lookup files described above are delivered only with the data for the first hour of each day"

Which is not true in my case: the data file, when extracted, contains a file named 01-<report-suite-id>_<YYYYMMDD>-000000.tsv.

Employee Advisor

Looks like the documentation needs correction then. I will verify and push it to documentation team. Thanks for pointing it out.