Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Mobile App Tracking only with AEP?

Level 2

Hi all,

We already added tracking to some mobile apps with the old 4.x Adobe SDKs, but newer apps from newer development platforms (e.g. Flutter) cannot use the old mobile SDKs. We would want to switch to the new mobile libraries from Adobe Launch, but not sure if this is possible. We use Adobe Launch, but not AEP yet.

This is my question:

Do Adobe customers now have to license the Adobe Experience Platform first, to use the Launch mobile libraries and fully use mobile tracking features/extensions? From the documentation here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/aep-edge/mobile-sdk/overview.html?l... this is not 100% clear.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think you need an additional license.. but you may need a new Mobile App tracking server to be configured for your mobile app.

This would be a good conversation with your CSM... they will know what your contract includes and be able to advise you on how to start transitioning... but, since you already have a mobile app, and you are using SDK 4.x, my feeling is you already have what you need.

We are using SDK 5.x, but we are not yet using the Edge server.. we are using the Analytics extension.. but then again, when we built our apps, that was the only option..

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think you need an additional license.. but you may need a new Mobile App tracking server to be configured for your mobile app.

This would be a good conversation with your CSM... they will know what your contract includes and be able to advise you on how to start transitioning... but, since you already have a mobile app, and you are using SDK 4.x, my feeling is you already have what you need.

We are using SDK 5.x, but we are not yet using the Edge server.. we are using the Analytics extension.. but then again, when we built our apps, that was the only option..