Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

iOS - Inconsistent page views & occurrence shows more than what's expected.

Level 1

Hi Team,

I have been testing out ACP iOS SDK's in a sample iOS app with only one screen (to track a page view) and button (to track action). I have actually appended a counter value to both `page names` and `action names` (Counter starts from zero and count is persisted even if the app is killed and launched again) - so I am expecting to see each page visit and action only once in the Adobe portal.

I have enabled debug logging for the sample app and have inspected the console logs to make sure the track action and track state logs are as expected.

I have observed the below behavior:

Action names: I am seeing all the action names as expected in the portal - one action name reported exactly once.

Page names: I am seeing inconsistency in the occurrences of page views shown in the adobe portal, sometimes the page views do not show up at all where as I am sure its definitely logged in the console logs and send successfully from the app.

Most of the times the page views are shown more than what's expected (two to three fold).

Have we experienced this issue before ? Any assumptions on whether any mobile launch property / report suite configuration or even the extensions added that could cause this inconsistent behaviour ?

Regards,

Aravind

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @PratheepArunRaj - Its just a sample application.

The initialisation code is registering the below extensions:

`UserProfile, Lifecycle, AEPIdentity.Identifty and Analytics` and in the completion calls MobileCore.configureWith(appID: "ID goes here")

Its just a one screen application that does MobileCore.track(state: "Page name", data: nil)

Could anything in configuration be causing this issue ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

I also would like to ask whether you could provide us with a trial/test-only mobile launch property - so I could repeat this tests to use that configuration id ? Alternatively I am happy to privately share across a sample dashboard with the results that I am seeing and the configuration id used to initialise the Adobe SDK from the app.

Community Advisor

Dear arvbhavan,

Connect with me, I can help you on this. We need to validate both the Launch Configuration and the App Level implementation to close this.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @PratheepArunRaj - Its just a sample application.

The initialisation code is registering the below extensions:

`UserProfile, Lifecycle, AEPIdentity.Identifty and Analytics` and in the completion calls MobileCore.configureWith(appID: "ID goes here")

Its just a one screen application that does MobileCore.track(state: "Page name", data: nil)

Could anything in configuration be causing this issue ?