Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

IE11: Data layer values not contained in image request

Level 5

Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone has had the situation as follows and what can be done to fix it:

• Data layer updates with new value
  • Looking in the console shows that the new value is there in the Adobe object
  • However, checking the image request in the network panel (in IE11 developer tools) shows that the values for certain eVars and props haven't been sent back to Analytics

We're getting through a bunch of unspecified values in our reporting and it looks like it's related to Microsoft browsers so wondered if there's any known issue or extra development work required to remedy this situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Thanks for the response! I've removed all the variables I was setting on page load and created a direct call rule that fires a second after the page loads that will send the data instead.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

looks timing issue to me, can put console.log in rule and see in debug log what value you get when the rule gets fire.

Level 2

Have experienced similar case earlier. It clearly shows that your Omniture call fire before values are loaded into eVar from satellite object using data layer.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Thanks for the response! I've removed all the variables I was setting on page load and created a direct call rule that fires a second after the page loads that will send the data instead.