Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to setup a dimension - Entry Page URL?

Community Advisor

How to setup a dimension called Entry page URL, which collects the compete entry/first page URL value.

Evar for this has already been created.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I suppose you can configure the eVar for "Original Value (First)" attribution, and have it expire on Visit.

Then in your processing rules, you can map PageURL to that eVar.

In theory, the first PageURL value encountered in a visit will be stored and persisted in that eVar until the visit expires

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

I suppose you can configure the eVar for "Original Value (First)" attribution, and have it expire on Visit.

Then in your processing rules, you can map PageURL to that eVar.

In theory, the first PageURL value encountered in a visit will be stored and persisted in that eVar until the visit expires

Community Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed the exact same steps.

But, what should be next steps?
How to make that eVar as part of the page view beacon?

Level 4

Hi @VinayC that is a nice part about using the Processing Rule I described. You don't have to add the eVar into your front end code. Page URL is automatically sent on every beacon, so you can copy that value into an eVar in a new Processing Rule. Here is an example where an eVar (eVar54) called "Page URL" is populated with the value of "Page URL" under Hit Attributes

Screenshot_20211226_160613.png

Community Advisor

Thanks for your reply @jgrubbs 

I was stuck and was wondering if the eVar should be appearing in the beacon.
But I have checked in the workspace, the data is available since the day I had created the processing rule.

Thanks for all the help!!

Community Advisor

If you want to see a dimension called Entry Page URL (and also Exit Page URL), then you need to setup a prop called "Page URL" and enable Pathing on it. AA will then automatically create the Entry Page URL (and Exit Page URL) dimensions.

Follow @jgrubbs's instructions to populate the prop's value.