Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to pass custom event with exit link in Adobe Launch

Level 4

Hi All,

I have couple of exit links ex: www.abc.com, www.cab.com on my website. I have already enabled
Track outbound links in the configuration section. Can someone help me how to fire a success event whenever user click these links in Adobe Analytics through Adobe Launch. Thanks in advance !!

Thanks,

BK

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

There are two options:

1) set up a rule that will trigger on link click; check the URL belongs a third-party domain; set the variables 

2) add a code inside s_doPlugins to check s.linkType value. When its value is set to "e", populate an event.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

There are two options:

1) set up a rule that will trigger on link click; check the URL belongs a third-party domain; set the variables 

2) add a code inside s_doPlugins to check s.linkType value. When its value is set to "e", populate an event.

Level 4

Hi MVP,

I have used the second option the event is getting triggered on exit link along with all the page as default. Can you help me how to suppress the event from all pages.

s.linkTrackEvents="x";
s.events="eventx";
s.doPlugins = function(s) {
if (s.linkType === 'e') { // this checks if this call is an exit link call.
s.events="eventx";
}
}