Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How do I limit the number of results in a table?

Level 1

I'm working with a freeform table that has the number of visits and average view time of pages from a segment our site. I want to know the pages that have the longest average view time for only the top 25 most visited articles. How do I limit the number of results based on one of the metrics and then sort by a different metric?
Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

You can use an if statement and the percentile function to do something like 'if pageviews > 99th percentile, then average view time, else 0'.  Then if you sort the table by view time, it will effectively only sort those above the 99% criteria, everything is will be zero.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 1

I found a way to do this by downloading a Report. I created a pages report with the average view time and visits metrics. I set the report to order by visits and set the "show" value to 25, then downloaded the report as an Excel file. In Excel, I ordered the results by average view time.

Wish there were a way to do this solely in Adobe Analytics, but this worked fine.

Correct answer by
Level 4

You can use an if statement and the percentile function to do something like 'if pageviews > 99th percentile, then average view time, else 0'.  Then if you sort the table by view time, it will effectively only sort those above the 99% criteria, everything is will be zero.