Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Google Search 360 Ads integration with AA is successfull - But

Level 4

Hi There,

Please find below has the updates on Google Search 360 Ads integration with Adobe Analytics:

Can someone please share your inputs.

GA 360 Ads Integration.PNG

Thanks,

PV

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It will not auto collect Google Click Id - You will need to ensure the new eVar captures the Google click ID from the gclid URL parameter when customers land on your site.

landing page url e.g.  www.mysite.com/search?term=mysearch&gclick=CPGxi9a5hcICFdSMKwodvRgAaA

There are many ways to capture "gclick" param from landing page url... You may wanna ask your analytics implementation team to do it for you.

Some examples:

getQueryParam

Processing rules tips and tricks

Thanks!

Asheesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

PV, could you elaborate more on what was done in the context of "we have allocated eVarX" and "no data reported"?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It will not auto collect Google Click Id - You will need to ensure the new eVar captures the Google click ID from the gclid URL parameter when customers land on your site.

landing page url e.g.  www.mysite.com/search?term=mysearch&gclick=CPGxi9a5hcICFdSMKwodvRgAaA

There are many ways to capture "gclick" param from landing page url... You may wanna ask your analytics implementation team to do it for you.

Some examples:

getQueryParam

Processing rules tips and tricks

Thanks!

Asheesh

Level 1

Hi @Asheesh_Pandey,

I have one doubt regarding Search Ads 360 and Adobe Analytics Integration. After integrating AA with DS360 using oAuth, we are giving access to Search Ads 360 with a selected metrics of a report suite and they can pull the data from those metrics. Now my question is, these metrics have both Search Ads 360 related data and direct traffic data. how the search Ads 360 will filter out only the Search Ads 360 related data? or do we need to send only the data related to Search Ads?

Community Advisor

As far as i know, the requirement is to add a new eVar in selected adobe report suite to contain the google clickid.  The new eVar contains the Google click ID for the report suite. This eVar cannot be used to store additional data. That is, you cannot use a list variable to store the Google click ID. Allocation of this eVar should be Most Recent and expire after : 60 Days. Ensure the new eVar captures the Google click ID from the gclid  URL parameter  when customers land on your site.  After that you will have to select revenue and order metric to report it in Search Ad360.

This eVar will help determine conversion came through gclid.