Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

FTP Classification - "Classification does not match"

Level 5

Hi! I try to classify some data through ftp import, however when I try to select different report suites I get warning message" "Classification does not match", even though the classifications have same name, wording etc. I believe the problems stems from the fact that those report suites were not copies but instead set up separately and thus somehow they are not linked. I do not want to delete existing reports and create new ones, because I want to avoid disrupting existing reporting.

is there another way to get around this problem and somehow link the existing classifications?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alessandro, 

There is more than just he names that need to match unfortunately for you to be able to use the classifications together. Each classification created gets associated with an ID. If these IDs do not match, you will not be able to club the variable for classification. If you would like guidance on how to correct them, you will need to contact customer care. 

Do note that you may need to delete some of the classification depending on the ID associated at the back-end.

-Hyder

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Alessandro,

There are a handful of things that you can try: 

1. Download the current classification files for all the report suites. 

Admin > Classification Importer > Browser Export

2. Compare these reports headers  (Perhaps look for an erroneous space " "  Also compare Cases (Gift Cards is different to Gift cards))

3. Compare the reports classifications values (Do all files have data? IF not copy the values and reupload  Admin > Classification Importer > Import File)

Also, make sure other report suites has had the classifications set up. Classification set up and upload need to be done on an individual report suite level.  Setting up one report suite does not automatically carry over to all report suites in the account.

A way you can test if two report suites have the same classifications is by ctrl+clicking them and attempting to edit both classifications at the same time. If it lets you, they're the same.

Level 5

TanmayM wrote...

Hi Alessandro,

There are a handful of things that you can try: 

1. Download the current classification files for all the report suites. 

Admin > Classification Importer > Browser Export

2. Compare these reports headers  (Perhaps look for an erroneous space " "  Also compare Cases (Gift Cards is different to Gift cards))

3. Compare the reports classifications values (Do all files have data? IF not copy the values and reupload  Admin > Classification Importer > Import File)

Also, make sure other report suites has had the classifications set up. Classification set up and upload need to be done on an individual report suite level.  Setting up one report suite does not automatically carry over to all report suites in the account.

A way you can test if two report suites have the same classifications is by ctrl+clicking them and attempting to edit both classifications at the same time. If it lets you, they're the same.

That's a very useful comment, thx! 

I still encounter problems.

- I renamed the evars across all reports suites the same and eliminated all typos. I verified by selecting them all with ctrl and checking the evar list, if it's the same.

- I checked the classification names and named them all the same, I checked the report headers. I tried to verify by selecting the report suites with ctrl but it keeps telling me the classification is not the same across report suites :-(

I'm sure there are no more typos and the structure is the same!

Is the classified data also of interest? The mapping of the valeus could differ, could that cause problems?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alessandro, 

There is more than just he names that need to match unfortunately for you to be able to use the classifications together. Each classification created gets associated with an ID. If these IDs do not match, you will not be able to club the variable for classification. If you would like guidance on how to correct them, you will need to contact customer care. 

Do note that you may need to delete some of the classification depending on the ID associated at the back-end.

-Hyder

Level 5

hyderziaee wrote...

Hi Alessandro, 

-Hyder

I was afraid that this was the case.

However, when setting up a new report suite, what should be done to ensure they are synchronized?

Employee Advisor

If you have the structure setup in one go, the number should match pretty much always. This issue occurs when the structure is changed afterwards with deletions/additions to it.

-Hyder