We have implemented adobe analytics through adobe launch for few of our web sites. Many of them are tracking fine and we can see those data in debuggers as well (eVars and props). Unfortunately, there are two sites which we couldn’t able to see the “eVars” and “props” value when we do debug which should get the value from data element. Data element type is “Java script variable” where we used our data layer object path.
Used only one rule to trigger on “library loaded (Page top)” with set variables and send beacons. We checked the logs for the analytics and noticed that data (data element value) are not populating to eVars and props. Also, we don’t find any console error related to site and analytics as well. However, at the same time we can able to see the value in “data layer” and “_satellite.getVar("Data Layer – Page Name");” method as well in console. It is totally a weird case what we are facing right now.
We have tried in all the cases to handle this issue and still facing the same problem. Can anyone assist us to understand the issue. Please let me know for any other clarification.
The issues like the below will always result in time gaps.
Guess the data element is unable to retrieve the value before the beacon. You won't receive errors since Data Element work on the promise chain and handles the error. Also, when you type _satellite.getVar("Data Layer – Page Name"); in the console, you might get the value because when you inject the code in the console, the page DOM is already available while you are firing the code at the Page Top (Library Loaded).
So, if you are scrapping the element, then mostly it will be a timing issue. Try to fire the beacon on Window Loaded and check whether you are able to populate the variables. If you are using Data Layer at the pages above the Adobe Launch code but still there are errors, we need to debug closely.