Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Does removing Extensions and rules also remove data from configured eVars?

Community Advisor

I have to disintegrate one third part extension from Launch, But I want to preserve historic data. Does removing extension also remove data from evars. 

Notes: I wont be deleting eVars from report suite. But i will be disable/uninstalling the extension, disable/delete the rules and data elements

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @JyotiSharmaV, Launch doesn't have historical data itself! If you delete the rule or extension on Launch, there isn't any affect the eVars from report suite.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @JyotiSharmaV, Launch doesn't have historical data itself! If you delete the rule or extension on Launch, there isn't any affect the eVars from report suite.

Level 3

Hi @JyotiSharmaV ,

Deleting extensions, disabling/deleting the rules in you Launch properties will affect only your future data. It wont affect your historic data.

Once your page fires analytics signal, it will pass thru processing rules --> VISTA --> Marketing Channel processing Rule --> Report Suites. If you make any changes in this flow it will affect your data during analytics hit. But once it reached Report Suites, it has nothing to do with Launch Web Properties, data elements , rules and extensions.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Cheers

Level 4

Hey @JyotiSharmaV - No, it will not delete any data which has already been captured. You will have historic data in all evars in the report suite.