Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Difference between Calculated Metric Visits & Fallout Visits.

Level 3

Hello there,

Imagine I have created a calculated metric based on the visits for the form page completion (Created based on the complete journey of the form page).

Also, I have created a fallout table in where I find the total journey visits at the end after the application success page. 

But, my data of visits in fallout does not match with the calculated metrics data of visits.

Why is that so?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The easiest -- but also the most mind boggling -- way to figure this out is to create a segment from the fallout visualisation, by right-clicking a bar. You can then see the segment that AA has applied to create that particular fallout step.

After you've understood the logic, you should then be able to appreciate the difference between what the fallout reports vs what your calculated metric reports.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

hi @SrividyaVenkat 

Fallout displays conversion and fallout rates between each step or touchpoint in a sequence.

For example, you can track a visitor’s fallout points during a purchase process. Just select a beginning touchpoint and a conclusion touchpoint, and add intermediate touchpoints to create a website navigation path. But you can also do multi-dimensional fallouts.

experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/visualizations/fallout/fallout-...

Calculated metrics 

Calculated and Advanced Calculated (or Derived) Metrics are custom metrics that you can create from existing metrics.

Calculated Metrics tools offer a highly flexible way of building, managing and curating metrics. They allow you as marketers, product managers and analysts to ask questions of the data without having to change your Analytics implementation. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/calculated-metrics/cm-overview.html?lan...

Level 3

Thanks! @Pallavi_Shukla_ 

For defining Fallout & Calculated metrics.

But, my query is what is the difference between the fallout visits & calculated metrics which is defined majorly based upon the visits?

Eg. If I have listed out a journey path of product purchase and created that as a segment (full page path journey). Then, am creating a calculated metrics by using that segment of purchase journey defining it to be visits.

Now, am also creating the fallout for the same product journey using the touch points.

So, I want to cross check the fallout & calculated metrics.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The easiest -- but also the most mind boggling -- way to figure this out is to create a segment from the fallout visualisation, by right-clicking a bar. You can then see the segment that AA has applied to create that particular fallout step.

After you've understood the logic, you should then be able to appreciate the difference between what the fallout reports vs what your calculated metric reports.

Community Advisor

Agreed.  It does take just a bit to get your mind wrapped around it, but it's definitely effective!

Jeff Bloomer