Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Datawarehouse csv empty data

Level 4

Hi guys,

I have some questions with the csv data aggregate format from datawarehouse:

1. when I select "Mobile Device Type, Operation System Type, Browser Type" and "Page Views", the output format is like this:

1393224_pastedImage_3.png

We can see that there list what we want.

2. However, when I add "Pages" as another break down, I get format like follows:

1393225_pastedImage_4.png

We can see that there is a row with no content, does that mean "the page view number for device=gaming console, os=null, browser=google, pages=null is 0"?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Zhen,

If Page Views = 0, then it is from s.tl() call i.e. Download link, external link, custom link etc.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Zhen,

If Page Views = 0, then it is from s.tl() call i.e. Download link, external link, custom link etc.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

thanks for your answer, but I'm still wondering what's the true meaning for my question.

Best,

Zhen

Level 4

TanmayM

could you please check this one? I'm really wondering why sometimes there would be "0" pageview row with empty "Pages".

Employee Advisor

Arun is spot on here. You can validate this by adding another metric besides page views, such as visits. Custom link calls do not collect pagename, nor do they count towards page views. The data still technically exists though, and it needs a row to display that data.