Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Data Elements in Adobe Analytics for mobile

Level 3

How to create data elements for mobile implementation?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jane_120 

I hope you have setup a mobile property in Adobe Launch ( now called as Data Collection)  for your implementation. 

Once you inside the property, on the left hand side you can see navigation panel like below and from there select Data elements tab  and then click on Add Data element button 

gokula_0-1643880641759.png

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jane_120 

I hope you have setup a mobile property in Adobe Launch ( now called as Data Collection)  for your implementation. 

Once you inside the property, on the left hand side you can see navigation panel like below and from there select Data elements tab  and then click on Add Data element button 

gokula_0-1643880641759.png

Hope this helps. 

Level 3

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal ,

Yes , I have set the mobile property. Wanted to know if  it is the same way as we set up for web or anything different to be done for mobile?

Also any reference available about description for each of the "data element type"?

Community Advisor

Hi @jane_120 

Yes it's very similar to web to setup the mobile property and once you setup on the details page for your mobile property, click the Extensions tab. The Mobile Core and Profile extensions are installed by default.  

Here are the reference guide and video that helps you for your implementation. 

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/getting-started/create-a-mobile-property 

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/foundation-extensions/mobile-core 

More of data element check mobile core documentation that contains all reference for Lifecycle, Identity, Event etc .. 

Below is the link for Data collection web setup 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/ui/data-elements.html?lang=en 

Hope this helps. 

Level 3

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal ,

Thanks for the reference docs, I have previously gone through these but found little confusing. (new to mobile analytics)

Any other reference docs, links etc. available? 

Community Advisor

Hi @jane_120  That's the one I'm aware of but yeah feel free to direct message me about your query so I can help you. 

Level 3

Hi @jane_120,

You can create data element in mobile property but not in the same way like web property. 

To capture value from your mobile application, you need to native mobile sdk in your application. 

For example: Assume you working on android mobile application, you need to include android sdk to your mobile app and then in your views using the api's provided by sdk create context variable for the values which you want to sent to Analytics.

In Analytics report suites, using processing rule map the context variable to your evars and props.

In this way you can achieve mobile analytics.

Hope its clears your doubt.

Cheers

Level 1

Hello!
Could you please help understand how contextdata that we collect can be stored in a data element?

I have not been able to do that.

Best,

AK