I have a fairly simple task to complete and I have not been able to find the adequate resources online to help me solve it. I am hoping somebody here can answer some of my basic questions fairly quickly.
What I am trying to do:
- Create a report in Adobe Analytics that allows me to see the Social Shares of content across my website
- Currently, we have social share buttons that correspond to individual pieces of content (multiple articles on a page), as well as social share buttons that correspond to an entire page (one page devoted to a single video)
- I want to see the quantity of "Social Share" buttons being clicked along with the following values each time one is clicked:
- Value 1: Name of Content that is being shared (i.e. Digital Trends 2017 White Paper)
- Value 2: Name of social platform it's being shared on (i.e. Facebook)
- Value 3: Page Name (note: non-essential if Name of Content can be derived from a Page)
What I have already:
- A newly created event, s.prop, and e.var for 'Social Shares' programmed into Adobe Analytics
- Custom Event report with no data
- Custom Traffic Report with no data
- Custom Conversion Report with no data
- An SDR that maps out all events, s.props, and e.vars
What I need to figure out:
- What do I do now?
- Do I have to go to our developer with the above^ and have them alter the code to include the new event, s.prop. and e.var?
- Do I need to do anything else?
- Our developer does not have extensive experience with Adobe Analytics either. Is there documentation for developers to follow on how they are supposed to alter the code?