Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating a context Variable

Level 1

Hi

Was wondering if anyone out there can help.......

My company works in the travel industry and one of the product we provide is the function of buying a flight and hotel together.

One of the advantages of this is that sometimes a visitor can save on a hotel if they buy the package together.

What I want to be able to track is the following:

The hotel which has the saving on it (accomodation code); the saving that they will make; the price of the package that they will pay.

I am new to implementing but have been told by a colleague that I can use a context variable.

Would anyone be able to tell me how I should write this please?

Kind Regards

Yaser

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Yaser,

ContextData variables allow you to assign any string values to a 'non-existent' variable, then use processing rules to assign it to a prop or eVar. If they don't get assigned there, that data is tossed out.

Based on what your implementation requirements are, it sounds like using the products variable would be more apt to accommodate capturing the data correctly. Here's some information on the products variable to get you started:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/index.html#products

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Yaser,

ContextData variables allow you to assign any string values to a 'non-existent' variable, then use processing rules to assign it to a prop or eVar. If they don't get assigned there, that data is tossed out.

Based on what your implementation requirements are, it sounds like using the products variable would be more apt to accommodate capturing the data correctly. Here's some information on the products variable to get you started:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/index.html#products

Level 4

Hi Yaser,

Since we haven’t heard back from you recently,hope we were able to answer all your queries and the issue got resolved to your satisfaction. 
I will go ahead and archive this case as resolved.
However, if you have any additional questions simply respond to this message and it will be reopened.
I would appreciate if you could spare your valuable time to participate and identify the correct answer which would be of great help to us.

Thanks and Regards

Akhil