Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification Rules for List Variables

Level 2

I don't seem to be able to add a Classification Rule for a ListVar.  I can apply a manual (SAINT) classification to the ListVar but it does not appear in the list of available vars for classification in the Rule Builder.

Is that right?  Is it a bug, or a 'feature' of list variables?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alison,

You can create a rule builder ruleset on a list variable as well as use the importer.

If you are seeing the value grayed out, you might want to check if there is already a ruleset created on the listvar for the report suite. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alison,

You can create a rule builder ruleset on a list variable as well as use the importer.

If you are seeing the value grayed out, you might want to check if there is already a ruleset created on the listvar for the report suite. 

Level 2

Ah, yes.  I think either the report suite hadn't updated, so the (newly created) classification just wasn't recognised or else I'd mistakenly picked the wrong report suite.  I can see it there now and am able to create the rule.

Thanks