Classification Data Change Issue

Avatar

Avatar
Level 1
BradenAnderson
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct reply

0 solutions
View profile

Avatar
Level 1
BradenAnderson
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct reply

0 solutions
View profile
BradenAnderson
Level 1

09-07-2021

I was pulling some Order metrics off a classification Dimension "Name (Product)", where we have a friendly name instead of a product ID. When I pulled the data for a specific product with a segment, it told me we had 424 Orders. Then when adding different segments as new columns to get different cuts of the data, I noticed the number drop substantially down to 352 in my original column. Then when I updated my report to use the "Product" dimension instead of the classification dimension, my number returned to the 424. I then switched it back to the classification dimension and it remained at the original 424. 

 

Has anyone else noticed this with classification Dimensions, where they'll work and then break out of the blue? What causes this bug? I'd like to know to hopefully avoid it in the future and let stakeholders know so they don't report findings or make larger business decisions off incorrect data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 1
VK13
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

3 posts

Correct reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 1
VK13
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

3 posts

Correct reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
View profile
VK13
Level 1

12-07-2021

Possibly it is because when we import classification or data source and try to analyze same in workspace, we need to only consider dimentions & sub dimentions from imported data, we cant mix existing online dimentions with imported ones. Eg slicing visits for classification "product name", is possible only if visits are also imported with product name. I hope this helps