Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Can we extract (CSV) more than 400 rows in Adobe Analytics "Workspace" ?

Level 1

Hello everyone,

I tried to figure how to extract to CSV excel, more than the 400 rows broadcasted in the Workspace display tables in Adobe Analytics. The thing is, I can't go more than 400 rows...

Concretly, I need to extract data (it's web traffic per minute) from past 3 months. So, that represents a huge numbers of raws. 3 600 minutes per day (400 rows per extract), that's 4 extracts per day, multiplicate per 90 days = 360 extracts... knowing I have to grouped them in one unique file.

Does someone experimented the same issue or know have to upgrade this number.
In "Report" view, the more granularity time data is per hour, and I absolutely need minute.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Dylan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello Dylan,

You can now download more than 400 Rows in Workspace using 'Download Items as CSV) on your Dimension Right Click. The August 2020 release has the notes and the detail to download the same. Check out the link here.

Thank You!

Arun.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello Dylan,

You can now download more than 400 Rows in Workspace using 'Download Items as CSV) on your Dimension Right Click. The August 2020 release has the notes and the detail to download the same. Check out the link here.

Thank You!

Arun.

Level 1
I've tried this. It doesn't work. I still get 400 rows, every time.

Level 1

A correction to my comment above. The solution does work, however, it's poorly described in the article which Arun linked. You don't right-click on the column headers. You right-click on the summary row directly below the row with column headers. It's much more clearly shown in this Adobe help page and video https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/analysis-workspace/curate-and-shar...

Level 2

Hi Arun, I know that you can download more that 400 rows in workspace by using "download items as" but I need the ability to email all the rows of data in a scheduled email (not just up to 400, ALL of them) to our company owners, as I imagine many companies need the same ability, when will this be available? It is on the roadmap, correct? 

Thanks,

Linda

Level 1

Hi @PratheepArunRaj,

Is there a way to schedule a report export in csv that includes all rows or can this only be achieved by manually right clicking the dimension and downloading from there? 

Thanks,

Gemma

Community Advisor

Dear @gemmafulton ,

Sorry, you cannot schedule that. Has be to downloaded.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 1

Hello Dylan, 

If you have a consistent time to pull the data to a csv and want it sent in an email, this sounds like a Data Warehouse answer. You can set up a report to pull once a day at midnight. Might take a little work to get it tuned correctly, but that would be the route I would take.

Level 2

I'm not really sure if you are replying to Dylan or to me (Linda58) for my post back to Arun... but the way I use it, Data Warehouse does not work either because there is no ability to "sort by"  in Data Warehouse, so you end up with ugly reports that are automatically sorted in the order Data Warehouse wants to sort them in. Adobe does not give us the control that we need in either Workspaces or Data Warehouse.