Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Binding counter event with product

Level 1

Hi All

According to the adobe analytics documentation you can send multiple product information with different events associated with it.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/products.html

I followed the syntax and I sent a request like this:

s.events = "event1,event2,event20,event21"

s.products = "Example category 3;12345;4;12.60;event1|event21=9;eVar1=Merchandising value|eVar2=Another merchandising value,Example category 4;12346;1;59.99;event2|event20=1;eVar3=Merchandising value 3|eVar4=Example value four";

counter events: event1,event2

numeric events: event20, event21

products: 12345(event1 and event21),12346 (event2,event20)

When I check the results in workspace, I see that both of the events1 and 2 are associated with both the products.
error.png

According to my expectation,

event1 should only be associated with product 12345

event2 should only be associated with product 12346.

It seems all the counter events (not numeric events) mentioned in s.events is getting associated to all the products. This was not mentioned anywhere in the adobe analytics document

When passing multiple products, I want different events get associated with each product.

If my implementation is wrong, how would I achieve my expected result?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The implementation seems to be correct but the counter events passed within s.events will be attributed to all the products getting fired in the same server call.

You can change the type of event1 and event2 from counter to numeric and pass in product syntax like below if you just started using these events.
s.products = "Example category 3;12345;4;12.60;event1=1|event21=9

If you are using these events since long for other purpose and have meaningful data than we won't suggest to change the event types. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 6

Hi @Nakul_V ,

I will suggest you to a merchandising eVar in this scenario & pass the product name when you are setting the event. This should allow you to bind an event with a specific product. For more information on this topic, you can also refer to the below documentation link.

Link: https://theblog.adobe.com/products-variable-inside-omniture-sitecatalyst/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Correct answer by
Employee

The implementation seems to be correct but the counter events passed within s.events will be attributed to all the products getting fired in the same server call.

You can change the type of event1 and event2 from counter to numeric and pass in product syntax like below if you just started using these events.
s.products = "Example category 3;12345;4;12.60;event1=1|event21=9

If you are using these events since long for other purpose and have meaningful data than we won't suggest to change the event types.