Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Anyone implemented/used Mobile Device Screen Orientation plugin?

Level 4

Hi,

Has anyone successfully implemented screen orientation plugin in Sitecatalyst to capture mobile device orientation?. When we use the below code in the s_code,  in the web page i am seeing some unusual behavior(ie: when we scroll the page to the bottom and then if i click anywhere on the content section, page goes to the top by default). I understand, that's happening because of this line "window.scroll(0,0)". Any help or thoughts?

Plugin Code below:function screenOrientation(){switch(window.orientation){case 0:case 180:return("Portrait");break;case 90:case -90:return("Landscape");}window.scroll(0,0)}

Reference: http://webanalyticsland.com/sitecatalyst-implementation/capture-mobile-device-screen-orientation-in-...

Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Gigazelle,

Thanks for the reply. It works fine if we remove that line.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

I struggle to see the value of the window.scroll function in context of the plugin. What happens if you remove that line?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Gigazelle,

Thanks for the reply. It works fine if we remove that line.