Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe tracking ok on Dev not on Production

Level 1

We have DTM - I have a set of 3 eVars that work on a staging environment but they do not work on the live environment.  The tracking is showing up in the debugger (Omnibug) in the right place, but it is not showing up in the report suite.

The FULL URL is over 2000 characters - is that an issue?  It is under 2000 in the dev environment

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have seen where users in Prod or Dev reports suites have setup evars, props or custom events in one but not the other. Make sure you have duplicated then across all report suites you want to see them populate in.

Go in to admin under report suite check there for each type. If not there then add them.

Good luck

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Kb,

eVar char length is 255 characters.

Are you capturing anything related to FULL URL in the eVars you have specified?

If you can share the public URL and the eVar Names, we can help you better.

Thank You

Arun

Level 1

No, the FULL URL is not being used in an e.Var.

The URL and Evars are only populated after a lengthy form.  I was hoping someone would just have some recommendations.  The tracking IS working in Staging but NOT in Production.

Level 5

Silly question, but have you pushed your DTM rules to the production library?

When you're testing in your production environment, what DTM library are you testing with? Are you familiar with the DTM Switch? Launch and DTM Switch - Chrome Web Store

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have seen where users in Prod or Dev reports suites have setup evars, props or custom events in one but not the other. Make sure you have duplicated then across all report suites you want to see them populate in.

Go in to admin under report suite check there for each type. If not there then add them.

Good luck