Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Report API for Segmented Data

Level 2

I am trying to pull SiteCat segmented data using the below code through https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/api-explorer#Report.Run (1.4 REST). The requirement is to pull top pages reports with page view as a metric. We have multi-suite tagging, I just wanted to pull only some pages by applying a segment, but the segment code is not working. Can you please help!

{
"reportDescription": {
       "reportSuiteID": "xxxx",

"metrics": [
           { "id": "pageviews" }
       ],
       "elements": [
           { "id": "page" }
       ],
   "ReportSuite.GetSegments": [
           { "id": "58855e1ae4b0d27de3125a98"}
       ],
 "source": "realtime"
     }
}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kamal,

From your API request it looks like you are trying to segment real-time data. Unfortunately segmentation is not allowed on real-time. It is only on full processed data that you can apply.segments.

If you were trying to not use real-time, then the you would use Report.Queue and the request would be something like this:

{ "reportDescription": { "reportSuiteID": "RSIDXXXX", "dateFrom": "2017-01-24", "dateTo": "2017-01-25", "sortBy": "pageviews", "segments": [ { "id": "58855e1ae4b0d27de3125a98" } ], "metrics": [ { "id": "pageviews" } ], "elements": [ { "id": "page", "top": 10, "startingWith": 1 } ] } }

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kamal,

From your API request it looks like you are trying to segment real-time data. Unfortunately segmentation is not allowed on real-time. It is only on full processed data that you can apply.segments.

If you were trying to not use real-time, then the you would use Report.Queue and the request would be something like this:

{ "reportDescription": { "reportSuiteID": "RSIDXXXX", "dateFrom": "2017-01-24", "dateTo": "2017-01-25", "sortBy": "pageviews", "segments": [ { "id": "58855e1ae4b0d27de3125a98" } ], "metrics": [ { "id": "pageviews" } ], "elements": [ { "id": "page", "top": 10, "startingWith": 1 } ] } }