Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe launch - Link Click Not firing

Level 6

Hi

We have LinkClick added Via Data layer implementation. I notice Adobe server call is not firing even though data layer works fine.  Why this happening? Do I need to add delay code ? I see the page is navigating really quick.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you are using Adobe Launch, try to change the rule load order to fire the rule once the dataLayer is populated with data. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor
How is your data layer being set? And how are you detecting that to send your server call? More information is needed to help us troubleshoot.

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you are using Adobe Launch, try to change the rule load order to fire the rule once the dataLayer is populated with data. 

Level 6
Hi Kishore- It works now . But sometimes , I am noticing calls getting cancelled.

Community Advisor
@pradeep_07 if the link causes the browser to load a new page, then it is possible that that loading causes any pending network requests to get cancelled. If you're using the Core > Click event type in your Rule, set it to delay for 500ms. That delay should help in giving some time for the browser to send the AA beacon properly before it loads the next page.

Community Advisor
@pradeep_07 Thanks for sharing the website in a private message. Yes, you should definitely add the 500ms delay to your "Workforce_Clicks-New" Rule's Click event. Note that doing so won't guarantee that your link's click will be tracked 100% of the time, but it should still yield better results than what you're getting now.