Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Link Click Is not firing

Level 6

Hi,

We have LinkClick added Via Data layer implementation. I notice Adobe server call is not firing even though data layer works fine.  Why this happening? Do I need to add delay code ? I see the page is navigating really quick.

Thanks,

Pradeep 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since your link tracking is getting cancelled, then it means that yes, you need to add a delay when you track the link. Otherwise, the browser is navigating away from the current web page before the link tracking has completed executing, causing it to be cancelled.

A 100ms - 500ms delay should be sufficient.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor
Can you provide a sample of your data layer code and how you've implemented your Link Click tracking? It's hard to troubleshoot without that additional information.

Employee Advisor

Do you have an example or live web site where this is happening?

Level 6
@ yuhuisg - Server call is firing but its getting cancelled. Not sure call which is getting cancelled data will be collected in Adobe or not.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since your link tracking is getting cancelled, then it means that yes, you need to add a delay when you track the link. Otherwise, the browser is navigating away from the current web page before the link tracking has completed executing, causing it to be cancelled.

A 100ms - 500ms delay should be sufficient.