Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Add Google Tag Manager to Adobe Portfolio

Level 1

Hi,

I have created a Adobe Portfolio website.
I would like to connect my portfolio to Google Tag Manager in order to track events on it.

I've tried to add my GTM Tag, but it is refused. The Adobe Portfolio seems to accept only Analytics tag. 

It is a pity.
Does it exist a solution to add my GTM tag to Adobe Portfolio ?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you need to inject code for adwords or floodlight ? If so I might have an example for a private extension for you. Or using default rule.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you need to inject code for adwords or floodlight ? If so I might have an example for a private extension for you. Or using default rule.

Level 1

I'm sorry, I have validated your answer but it is not the case.... 

But it is not the case.

For my portfolio, I want to use GTM (Google Tag Manager).

Level 1

Sorry, not possible. The bad news is Portfolio does not allow code insertion in <html> or <head> tags.

The good news is you may use Google Analytics with your Portfolio site. In your Site Settings, you'll find a special field for entering your Google Analytics Tracking code. 

Additionally, you can add Google site ownership verification to your Custom Meta Tags. You will obtain the code from your Google Console and paste it into the Meta Tag field.

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="yourcodehere" />

See link below for details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038005614-Using-Google-Analytics- or you can ask this guys https://computools.com/consulting/

Level 1

Thank you, I have already added the GA4 tag. Nevertheless, it would have been better to be able to use the GTM tag and not the GA4 tag.

Thank you for the link to add the Google Search Console tag in my portfolio in order to justify that I'm the owner of the website.

Regards,