Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Add a permanent filter or segment to a report suite to fix a pricing error in our shopping cart?

Level 4

Hi All,

We had a fun little issue where a build to our website corrupted the logic of our shopping place order confirmation page....For several days, in certain conditions, it multiplied the revenue by 100x.

Needless to say, this causes some reporting issues, especially around trending  :-)

I know the serialized order numbers that were inflated...I can get them out of Data Warehouse...is there a way to suppress these order numbers from reporting? I can do via a segment, I think, but somehow need to apply across all users and reporting in that report suite...

How can one remove/filter spurious data like this?

Eugene

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Eugene,

What about creating a calculated metric to divide the order metrics by 100. See the revenue divided by 100 example in the attached screen shot. Probably not ideal, but at least a way to quickly get at the more accurate order data for the problem period.

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Eugene,

What about creating a calculated metric to divide the order metrics by 100. See the revenue divided by 100 example in the attached screen shot. Probably not ideal, but at least a way to quickly get at the more accurate order data for the problem period.

Best,

Ryan

Level 4

Hi Ryan,

We did do this....were able to set a data range and another parameter to isolate this...then we applied that segment by default to a virtual report suite, and assigned the business users to that virtual report suite to make sure the corrections were always in place.

Cheers,

Eugene

Level 4

Awesome Eugene glad to hear it was helpful.

Best,

Ryan Praskievicz