Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

A4T Target Activities Dimension FIlter Level (Visitor or other)

Level 1

Hi all,

I am currently using A4T, and I am measuring the performance of a Target Experience (shown below). 

When applying the Target Experience Dimension Filter, is it a visitor level filter? Or visit or hit?

Thank you

Han_Sim22_0-1668514020117.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Okay, I don't actually use Target, but I feel bad that no one has answered you... 

Take this answer with a grain of salt... but I would suspect that this would be based on Visitor....  this is an educated guess knowing how most A/B and Personalization tools work... once a user enters into an experience, they are generally kept in that experience... you wouldn't want them to see A, then B, then B, then A, etc as they move through your site, or between visits. 

So it would make sense that once they enter an experience, they should be kept in that experience for the duration that the experience exists? I could be wrong on that, but it's my general feeling at this time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Okay, I don't actually use Target, but I feel bad that no one has answered you... 

Take this answer with a grain of salt... but I would suspect that this would be based on Visitor....  this is an educated guess knowing how most A/B and Personalization tools work... once a user enters into an experience, they are generally kept in that experience... you wouldn't want them to see A, then B, then B, then A, etc as they move through your site, or between visits. 

So it would make sense that once they enter an experience, they should be kept in that experience for the duration that the experience exists? I could be wrong on that, but it's my general feeling at this time.

Level 1

Hi Jennifer!

Appreciate your effort and help. I think that your explanation makes sense to me, at least its the most sensible explanation I've come across.

Thank you again!

Community Advisor

You're welcome... and I always strive to be sensible (particularly when making educated guesses)