Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Video Conversion Reporting

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to create a video conversion funnel broken down for whether an advert was playing or not, to find out if the drop-off is higher on video's with adverts.

For the 'with ad' conversion funnel: Currently I'm using an over-arching visit level segment which states that an ad start event fired. I have then got the following events in my funnel : ad start, video start, video 25% complete, video 50% complete, video 75% complete and video complete. However, I'm concerned that as this is visit level, they may go on to watch a video without an ad but the video start, video 25% complete, video 50% complete, video 75% complete and video complete events of this 2nd video view (without the ad) will still be populating the conversion funnel as it's all in the same session. 

Has anyone had the same concerns? Has anyone got any best practice they can share when it comes to reporting on video completion? Would Pathing be a good alternative?

Many thanks

0 Replies