Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Unspecified Results

Level 1

Hello,

I have noticed when I am creating reports, a lot of metrics or dimensions come through as "unspecified". I looked up the documentation on it but I am still a little confused.

Do give a little context, I created a Thank you page for once one of our members submits a form on our website and I am trying to track the "conversion" by page view or unique visitor metric to that specific Thank you page. It is coming through with the correct number but when I try to break it down by the tracking code dimension or campaign dimension, all that comes up is unspecified. Are there any tips on what I am doing wrong or even my information on what "unspecified" means would be helpful.

Thanks,

Drew

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Dear Andrew,

Lets say I came to your Form Page with Tracking Code 123 and navigated to Thank You. When you break down Thank You page with Tracking Code, you can see 123 because Tracking Code is a Conversion Variable and it persists till the end of the visit.

Now i come by directly typing the Form Page URL in browser and navigated to Thank You. When you break down Thank You page with Tracking Code, you can see only unspecified because there is no tracking code behind the scene.

To understand much on the None, Unspecified, other, kindly go through the link None, Unspecified, Unknown, and Other in reporting.

Also, avoid using Page Metrics like Page Views, Time Spent etc against Conversion Variables. Conversion Variables are best when it is used with Conversion Events.

Thank You

Arun